Gemels S.p.A, founded in 1969, is an Italian manufacturer of valves, quick couplings and electric motors for different applications and fields. The company has become a worldwide leader and has the headquarter in North of Italy, in Trescore Balneario, near Milan. A few years ago, they also opened a subsidiary in the USA, in Dayton (OH), to supply their products to the American market.

At this link you can find a complete overview of all Gemels’ applications https://www.gemels.it/it/solutions.php where their products https://www.gemels.it/index.php?lang=EN are mounted and used.

Easy Engineering: What are the main areas of activity of the company? 

GEMELS: Gemels is known worldwide in the hydraulic, electric and green power fields. We fully produce our products completely in our factory in Italy, we have an internal quality laboratory and assembly department.

The 80% of the turnover is overseas while the remaining 20% in Italy: that is an important value. As a matter of fact, we export our products worldwide: North and South America, India, Australia, Russia, China and all Europe.

E.E: What’s the news about new products?

GEMELS: We are glad to have introduced in our range new Green Power products, such as ELECTRIC MOTORS and other forthcoming projects for the electrification of equipment and machines. 

These new technological products allow a greater energy saving and a reduction of the environmental impact as well as a better performance. Besides this, we have also introduced new products in our hydraulic division related to hydraulic valves control and manifold. Thanks to this diversification of products, Gemels has been growing up in this competitive market. 

E.E: What are the ranges of products?

GEMELS: We produce ball valves and quick couplings from 1/4” up to 42” that reach PN500 for hydraulic and industrial fields. These products are studied for different applications: Fire-Fighting, CNG, Steel, Naval, Agriculture, Automotive, Heavy Equipment and many others. Besides, we have valves for Refinery and Petrochemical industry used in the Oil&Gas field. Here the range of sizes is higher: up to 42” and up to ANSI 2500. In our third Business Unit, that follow the Electric Motors, the range covers up to 100kW, 400V and 10.000RPM.

default

E.E: At what stage is the market where you are currently active?

GEMELS: Gemels core business is the hydraulic and industrial field: we are the third manufacturer of ball valves in the world for this application. Thanks to our internal R&D department, we also study customized solutions for our clients according to their specific application. In the last years we have been focusing more on products with higher technology in order to increase our business.

E.E: What can you tell us about market trends?

GEMELS: We have realized that the hydraulic sector is moving more and more towards an electrical transition and this is one of the reasons why we always look at the future and try to be ahead of our time in order to be prepared for every eventuality. Even in the past, one of our strength points was the capacity to introduce in our range, products for different solutions, in order to enlarge our catalogue and provide a greater variety of products in this competitive market. In this last period, another difficult situation in the market are the prices of raw materials, which have increased a lot.

E.E: What are the most innovative products marketed?

GEMELS: We are carrying out several projects in the Green Power field related to energy, hydrogen and many others. 

We can’t show you more details at the moment…but follow us and you will discover many interesting projects and our philosophy out of the ordinary.

E.E: What estimations do you have for 2022?

GEMELS: Estimations? The new normal is never normal…it’s hard to make estimations today. But we always outline the future and, focusing on new technological products, we look forward to new challenges!!!